Pirate 4x4 banner

Lets see your mud truck or mud racer...

582K views 645 replies 316 participants last post by  adiction454 
#1 ·
Heres mine in the mud..

In the shop

Sadly I think I have it traded off for another trail truck...I havent actualy raced for 10 years or so,so its just been sitting...Its a hard choice...

See less See more
#559 ·
77 F150, 429 5.13's 38.5x15 boggers rear 38.5x11 front

F150 before the front 11" boggers and my 88 Comanche little mods here an there on 35x10.5 bogger's/34x9.50 tsl's

New "cheap truck" got $215 in it as it set's minus tire's. 300 6 5 speed an 4" lift 35x12.5 LTB's front 35x16 boggers rear

#566 ·
Reason I ask is I have broke two ball style and two u joint style this summer!!
I have just now started running (what most would consider) big boy tires an I'm starting to loose faith in my rockwells.
I have run them in two heavy trucks with 44s an beat them mercisslly with very Lil problems... Now have a 1500 lb lighter tube chassis an are destroying them.

Two ball style with 44s
Two u joint style with 56" vtreads

Just wondering how all the torque deisel trucks are not eating shafts left and right ...... When I am with a mild (at best) big block ??

#567 ·
^ I talked to some one who goes to trucks gone wild and all that his bronco is awesome, he swears that rocks with out chrome shafts and that whole deal really isn't that big of an upgrade from tons. While Im not sure Id agree completely the point is maybe try upgrading internal parts on the axles?

#568 ·
Me and some freinds were discussing it today and I didn't take into consideration most those trucks (with high hp) are running open difs.
I'm locked front and rear. I'm guessing that's wat I'm not considering, that with no slippage something has to give.

#571 ·
Thanks FJ Fummins..... Skop love your truck by the way!! Don't know how you haven't broke any. Maybe just years of abuse have caught up with me finally:( both the rear u joint shafts were broke doin really nothin wasn't in the throttle hard at all... One sheared off at carrier so i pulled the other side to knock broke peice out and found that I had twisted the splines really bad on the stub shaft.

My yota an one ton freinds are giving me hell!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.