bogs - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Mud
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 107910
Send a message via AIM to chevy79k5
bogs

anyone know of any mud bogs or anything in northern Il southern WI

Last edited by chevy79k5; 07-13-2009 at 03:21 PM.
chevy79k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 05:53 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 74068
You're a couple days late and $17 short.

www.EarthResin4x4.com

:skull:
JohnnyU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
TEX

Member # 603
Don't they do bogs at Peat Monster in IL? Overlanders are doing one at the fair in Peoria, IL this weekend. Here's a flier with some contact info (they have a full schedule of races):

Extreme Performance
www.kmelectronics.com
Bear Creek Auto Recyclers
www.svrehorsepower.com
TEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 05:08 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 117744
Chevy79k5,

Are you looking to run in competitive bogs and drags, or are you looking for mud bog events that allow all trucks?

There are quite a few competitive events run throughout Illinois by different promoters and clubs (Overlanders, WFO mudslingers, Peat Monster, Hank's 4x4 Jamboree), and they all do a good job.

If you are looking to non-competitive events (big mud bog events where you can run all day), then it is a little shorter of a list here in Illinois. However, as John was eluding to, we put on events in Manito (Central Illinois) that have been consistently been pulling in 70-80 trucks, and 300-400 people for an all weekend camping and bogging good time!!!

There are a few other places to run non-competitive events, but they are kind of hard to find.

It's all in what you like to do. Most of the competitive bogs in our area offer really good competition in almost every class you would want to enter. Personally, I love our events, as we have a 3.5 acre pit with big holes, little holes, hill climbs, jumps, and we are getting ready to do even more mods before our next event on September 26th.

If you would want more information on our events, feel free to ask on here, or go to www.earthresin4x4.com for more info!

Thanks
Adam
EarthResin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 20304
Send a message via AIM to BarrelRoll
It's been 6 years since I got the hell out of FIB land, I grew up in vernon hills. I want to say the mud turtles had a non competive bog in Joliet. I know iron horse out of the south side/ northern indiana had a couple spots but they might have not been 100% legal. If you are just loooking for fun wheeling and non competitive bogs good luck. For trails there's cliffs, the badlands, and mc caslin mountain/ the pipeline in lake wood WI which was pretty decent.
BarrelRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:18 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 107910
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthResin View Post
Chevy79k5,

Are you looking to run in competitive bogs and drags, or are you looking for mud bog events that allow all trucks?

There are quite a few competitive events run throughout Illinois by different promoters and clubs (Overlanders, WFO mudslingers, Peat Monster, Hank's 4x4 Jamboree), and they all do a good job.

If you are looking to non-competitive events (big mud bog events where you can run all day), then it is a little shorter of a list here in Illinois. However, as John was eluding to, we put on events in Manito (Central Illinois) that have been consistently been pulling in 70-80 trucks, and 300-400 people for an all weekend camping and bogging good time!!!

There are a few other places to run non-competitive events, but they are kind of hard to find.

It's all in what you like to do. Most of the competitive bogs in our area offer really good competition in almost every class you would want to enter. Personally, I love our events, as we have a 3.5 acre pit with big holes, little holes, hill climbs, jumps, and we are getting ready to do even more mods before our next event on September 26th.

If you would want more information on our events, feel free to ask on here, or go to www.earthresin4x4.com for more info!

Thanks
Adam
eather or dont mater to me just wana get dirty.
Old 07-21-2009, 06:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

Member # 107910
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarrelRoll View Post
It's been 6 years since I got the hell out of FIB land, I grew up in vernon hills. I want to say the mud turtles had a non competive bog in Joliet. I know iron horse out of the south side/ northern indiana had a couple spots but they might have not been 100% legal. If you are just loooking for fun wheeling and non competitive bogs good luck. For trails there's cliffs, the badlands, and mc caslin mountain/ the pipeline in lake wood WI which was pretty decent.
ya mud turtles got shut down the city didnot want them to do it any more.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:07 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 134786
Did they just get shut down? They just had their bog a few weeks ago in the park.
tcfab00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

Member # 107910
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcfab00 View Post
Did they just get shut down? They just had their bog a few weeks ago in the park.
well i gess not i had a bunch of peolp tell me that it was not going on this year.