crossover steering clearance issues - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2011, 03:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 138801
crossover steering clearance issues

Well im in the process of doing x over on my k5. i have what i believe to be 4 inc lift rancho springs on the front and ive got some serious space issues. the pitman arm with the heim bolted on to it sits very close to my driverside leaf pack and of course when i mock the tie rod in place its basically barely clearing the engine crossmember at ride height. Is it normal to have these clearence issues with a 4 inc lift?? I had never even thought about having an issue with my pitman arm and the leaf pack.

To remedy this issue im thinking of lifting the truck up to a total of 6 inc but im not too sure which way to acheive it. I could just buy some 6 inc leaf packs but will they be super stiff pos packs? The 4 inchers i have now give a decent ride for being stock length 47" inc springs. What about a drop hanger kit? I havent really seen those on pbb is there a reason for it? Ive seen some trucks with custom built front hangers which give an extra 2-3 inc of lift.
geo in a K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 01:58 AM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 138801
Well I'm going with some custom made hangers that give me 2-3 inc more lift, don't worry they aren't some ghetto looking spacers they are actually real nice looking gusseted pieces. My buddy has a set on his truck and they look great.
geo in a K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links