I need help bad :( recently wrecked - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 198374
I need help bad :( recently wrecked

Hey my names jared and I have a major problem, I have an 83 toyota custom cab and its great, I love it. . . except for i just wrecked it. the main concern is my frame, its bent. I can't find any info on custom cab frames anywhere, what i do know is that there is a 3 foot piece of C channel that was used to extend the frame under the extra cab, and then they welded in another piece of metal to box the frame in. My problem is that i want to replace the frame and it would be straight forward but I have no idea which frame they used originally and lengthened (long or short bed), I was wondering if any of you yote guys know for sure which they used. If it helps any my truck has a short box on it, and i think they probly used a short bed frame but unsure. any help would be greatly appreciated!
flip1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 51243
Look up Throttle Down Kustoms, they are out of Montana, they have a website and phone number...they specialize in custom mandrel bent tube frames.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 121143
Quote:
Originally Posted by flip1990 View Post
Hey my names jared and I have a major problem, I have an 83 toyota custom cab and its great, I love it. . . except for i just wrecked it. the main concern is my frame, its bent. I can't find any info on custom cab frames anywhere, what i do know is that there is a 3 foot piece of C channel that was used to extend the frame under the extra cab, and then they welded in another piece of metal to box the frame in. My problem is that i want to replace the frame and it would be straight forward but I have no idea which frame they used originally and lengthened (long or short bed), I was wondering if any of you yote guys know for sure which they used. If it helps any my truck has a short box on it, and i think they probly used a short bed frame but unsure. any help would be greatly appreciated!
Measure the total length of the frame and then compare that to the measurements in the FSM (factory service manual).
89lc is offline   Reply With Quote