Shackle Flip Help - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2011, 01:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 189392
Question Shackle Flip Help

Iíve looked all over the site and cant find a clear answer to my question. I want to do a shackle flip on my 87 Ĺ ton chev. So I need some clarification.

For the rear, I can flip the rear shackle mount, right? Will I have to do anything to the other mount for the rear leafs? (front mount)

And for the front end, how do I do that shackle flip? Iíve been told to get new leaf packs because the ones I have now are basically flat but I looked at my front end and it looks like if I got curved leafs it would get in the way of other components. Can I also do the shackle flip in the front? Any pictures? Iíve done web searches and this website and cant find much help.

Thanks in advance for helping a noob.
JohnRichard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 173265
The rear bracket cant just be flipped for a shackle flip, you could use a stock front(of rear suspension) braket and add your shackle, build one, or buy a kit from one of the great vendors on this site, I suggest DIY4X(for the price, quality and time savings you can't go wrong).

Thats bs that you couldn't find info!! sorry but really,,,, check out my build in the mud section, or pretty much any build thread in the chevy section and you'll find all the info you need!
Old 10-22-2011, 08:10 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 189392
I did look and couldn't find exactly the answer to my question. That's why im posting in the newbie section. Thanks for your help though. I may use the mounts I have now or fab my own. Im just basically looking for what people have done for both ends of the rear leafs and front leafs. Especially considering how flat the front leafs are. Thanks!
JohnRichard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 199562
learn bro!

you can't "flip" the front shackles, there is a set of exactly what you need in the misc. for sale stuff. taller front springs and shackles, search function!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

** A VERIFICATION EMAIL IS SENT TO THIS ADDRESS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION!! **

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.