Pirate 4x4 banner

Shackle Flip Help

824 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  theHay-MAN 
#1 ·
I’ve looked all over the site and cant find a clear answer to my question. I want to do a shackle flip on my 87 ½ ton chev. So I need some clarification.

For the rear, I can flip the rear shackle mount, right? Will I have to do anything to the other mount for the rear leafs? (front mount)

And for the front end, how do I do that shackle flip? I’ve been told to get new leaf packs because the ones I have now are basically flat but I looked at my front end and it looks like if I got curved leafs it would get in the way of other components. Can I also do the shackle flip in the front? Any pictures? I’ve done web searches and this website and cant find much help. :confused:

Thanks in advance for helping a noob.

#2 ·
The rear bracket cant just be flipped for a shackle flip, you could use a stock front(of rear suspension) braket and add your shackle, build one, or buy a kit from one of the great vendors on this site, I suggest DIY4X(for the price, quality and time savings you can't go wrong).

Thats bs that you couldn't find info!! sorry but really,,,, check out my build in the mud section, or pretty much any build thread in the chevy section and you'll find all the info you need!

#3 ·
I did look and couldn't find exactly the answer to my question. That's why im posting in the newbie section. Thanks for your help though. I may use the mounts I have now or fab my own. Im just basically looking for what people have done for both ends of the rear leafs and front leafs. Especially considering how flat the front leafs are. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.