Pirate 4x4 banner

chevy blazer questions from a FNG

620 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  fordf350dually 
#1 ·
Before you ask FNG is F***in New Guy. i have looked around on here for quiet awhile finally joined sunday. I have a 88 chevy s10 blazer 2.8. I have a tbi 350 to swap in. I know i need the prom from a v8 truck and a 4.3 trans but is there anything else stupid I dont know about on these swaps. also I would like too do an SAS on thos thing what is the best axle to swap. i have a 6 lug dana 44 and a 6 lug 10 bolt but i would rather it be 5 lug or 8 lug. Any information you can give me is appreciated. Thank you
Dan

#2 ·
There are a lot of little things that add up. ECU, harness, trans, fuel system, cooling system, exhaust, engine mounts, trans mount, etc.....

Google "Jags That Run" or "JTR" they actually have a step by step conversion guide that will walk you through the entire process. It also lists a lot of the parts needed (with part numbers). I used one with my first Tuned Port S10 swap.

As for axles, what size tire and what type of wheeling are you planning on doing? I would run a Dana 60 front and a full float GM 14 bolt in the rear.

#4 ·
i got full sized 10 bolts on my s10 blazer, expect them to stick way out, might be illegal if you are going to drive it on the street. they actually sell a whole book on how to swap a v8 into a s10. id buy it, for the few times it helps you its so worth it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.