Pirate 4x4 banner

Help W/ 95 Tacoma Stuck Seat belt bolt

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Pysco 
#1 ·
Hey fellow members, I was wondering if I can get some insight on this.

I am trying to replace my dads seized driver side seat belt in his 1995 Toyota Tacoma. I looked through the DIYs and it seems straight forward as in popping off a couple of trim panels and unbolting the assembly.

Now I was able to unbolt everything except for the shoulder anchor point where the bolt connects the trucks B pillar. The bolt will not move, I tried some penetrating oil (pb blaster) and still nothing. I have tried everything from a 21" breaker bar to an impact gun, vice grips, etc. The bolt only moves about less than a quarter turn both clockwise and counter-clockwise. The head of the bolt is started to get chewed up, plus the head of the bolt isn't very tall either making it hard to have a solid grip.

Is there something I am missing here? Any one have any idea of what I can try next to solve this issue? I need to change my dads seat belt asap for the sake of his safety, I don't know why this seat belt installation is taking so much.

I have attached pics of the part on the new seat belt to give you an idea of what I am talking about.

This is the bolt:

And the back of the piece:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.