Pirate 4x4 banner

1 tons?

958 views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  joeydodgemuddin 
#1 ·
hi i got offered last night at tech school a set of chevy 1ton axles complete. What would i have to do to make them fit under my dodge w150? IS 600 a good price for the set a dana 60 king pin with 411s and a corp 14 bolt with 411s? There non dually to:D

#5 ·
Your springs will have to be bowed in the front since GM trucks use a different spring spacing and the perches cannot be moved. The rear axle will need the perches cut off and re-welded in the correct location for Dodge rear spring spacing. Both driveshafts will need to be shortened and either use bastard joints or have some yoke swapping to bolt up. The brake lines and steering will also need some mods to get them connected.

#7 ·
The GM spring spacing on the front is about an inch off from the Dodge. I forget if it's wider or narrower but you have to bow the springs to the side to fit the perches on the axle. Since the passenger side perch is part of the housing, there is no easy way to just move the perches like you can with the rear 14 bolt.

New driveshafts can be a good thing but reusing the stock ones is cheaper. If you are going for strength, have new, stronger shafts made and toss the Detroit yoke on the rear output of the transfer case in favor of a Spicer style yoke. Stock Dodge Detroit yokes are crap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.