Pirate 4x4 banner

front driveshaft.

530 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  sjracer 
#1 ·
Trying to find out the length of a 400/205 set up vs nv4500/205. Buying a custom front drive shaft for the current set up (400) but plan to switch later(nv4500). Want to know if it will work for both or if I'll have to resize it.

#2 · (Edited)
you will more than likely have to re-size both driveshafts. having a driveshaft re-tubed is not very expensive. the expensive parts are the yokes/cv's. the main thing i would do at this time is plan for your future drivetrian/lift setup. if your going to rotate the rear diff up at any time in the future then i would spring for a rear cv shaft and upgraded transfer outputs. also, plan on if your going to upgrade to bigger u-joints (say going from 1310 joints at both ends to 1350 or 1410 joints) then do those upgrades now, as these will require new parts/ possible whole new driveshafts anyway so do it now and save spending money twice. last, spring for .180 wall tubing, it wont dent as easily as the stuff they usually use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.