Pirate 4x4 banner

What Kind of backspacing for K10?

7K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Mikejones16 
#1 · (Edited)
Hoping to run a 38.5 in my k10 with a 16x12 rim. Just gonna order some steelies until I get some 1 tons. I'm new to the off roading scene but I'm just wanting a commutor/winter warrior. I got a mustang that I sink all my money into :shaking: Right now I beleive its got 10bolt and a 12 bolt out back. regular 6 lug.

My question is, what backspacing will I need? and will a 16" rim clear 1 ton axles? Thanks. Mike

See less See more
#4 ·
Sorry, It got moved before I had time to do it. I thought it was a reasonable place to ask the questions since it looked like it was where chevy questions should be asked?

I'm a part of moddedmustangs, modular misfits, SVTperformance, MustangsCanada, Yellowbullet, Coral, and a few other car forums.

I also have a mustang that drags on its back bumper :)

Have a nice day.

Mud Rod, Don't try to be a dick without at least reading his post and comprehending what he is asking. Seem's like he knows the 6 lug rims won't fit the damn 1tons. That's why it says UNTIL he gets his 1tons.

Mikejones. Yes, 16 inch wheels will fit your 1 tons.
Your back spacing has alot to do with preference. I prefer 3.5 while some only like 2.75 on up to 4.5.. For the big of a tire I would recoment no less then 3.5". How big of a lift are you going to use to make your tires fit?
Cheers, exactly what I meant. I wanna pick up 1 tons and rebuild them with lockers and a 4:88 gear and I also want to drive my truck around since I live in canada and its snowy.

I currently am running a 6" rough country lift and a ORD 1" body lift. I was thinking about getting some flares and just cut the fenders to make em fit.

I'm wanting to run a Trxus MT 38.5x14.50x16..I heard the Trxus MT were really good in snow.

#3 ·
Mud Rod, Don't try to be a dick without at least reading his post and comprehending what he is asking. Seem's like he knows the 6 lug rims won't fit the damn 1tons. That's why it says UNTIL he gets his 1tons.

Mikejones. Yes, 16 inch wheels will fit your 1 tons.
Your back spacing has alot to do with preference. I prefer 3.5 while some only like 2.75 on up to 4.5.. For the big of a tire I would recoment no less then 3.5". How big of a lift are you going to use to make your tires fit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.