Pirate 4x4 banner

new to the forum

620 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  73FJBUGGY 
#1 · (Edited)
Im new to the hole forum thing but every time i looks up any thing about my suburban or any thing related to off road or 4x4 up grades pirate 4x4 come up this form has help me out a lot. but any way im building up my 90 gmc suburban from a 1500 to a 1 ton i had some bad luck a few weeks ago with the wheel studs snapping on the back right wheel witch lead to a bent axle was looking for a replacement axle and i came across a 14 ff for 100 buck i ordered the Diy4x disk brake conversion brackets to get rid of the out of date drum brakes. been looking all over for a good deal on a dana 44 or 10 bolt front wanted to go with a dana 60 but could not find one less then a few hundred miles for me to day i was looking it the classifieds and found a dana 60 no price in the add i got in touch with the guy he wanted 500 bucks for it i found that to be one hell of a steal when i got to his house i found out that it was a dana 60 with king pins. any way i just wanted to share the good news with people that can appricate it thanks for your time

p.s. had a question for the ones that have done the rear swaps i have from what i understand for the 14 bolt is a 1310 to a 1350 cross over u joint what is the cross over u joint for the dana 60

#2 ·
Dude I am about to give you the best piece of advice you will get here.

Delete this abortion of a post. If you want to introduce yourself go up into the newbie check in post.

And don't post in tech until you have some serious tech that can't be answered with the use of SEARCH.

By posting this, it is a sure sign you haven't lurked here long enough.:shaking:

#6 ·
Newbie section right?

Your on the right track with your 14b, but be patient and save your money if you have to so you can go with a D60 front. It will be worth your wait...
Both these axles are pretty much drop in replacement's.

The u-joint question...You can put whatever yoke/u-joint size you want if you have a d/l custom built.

Think about swapping the transfer case out (241) if your planning on running tires big enough to need one ton axles. Case is low geared but won't take much abuse from rocks.

Do you have a list of upgrades you are wanting to do to your Burban? If so...share

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.