Pirate 4x4 banner

Ford 9 inch

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  chevytruckzach 
#1 ·
Is there a Ford 9 inch bible? Ive been thinking about making a 9 inch front lately and wondering if it has been done or not. If I could find all the specs on the 9 inch, I could probably figure it out.

#3 ·
I agree on the bible part. These things have been around a long time and there's a few variations, some more desirable than others. And upgrades everyone suggests for wheeling. Although I'm not sure you would include making a front 9.

I JUST started making some 9s. What I've learned so far, and might help you. 35 spline axles in a stock application will work in a 35 spline 9" as long as you don't buy a 45 degree spool. In a rear application the axles are different lengths to center the pinion. Dana 61/71-2u is a good donor due to 35 splines all the way around and undesirable gear selections.

Personally curious as to the benefits of running the larger bore housing. I've got the factories I'd like to set up but I don't want to drop coin on setting it up just to go large bore in a nodular. Obviously there's no, one size fits all but a general idea of what setups can handle what horse power/tire combos.

When you get the bible done, post it up.

#5 ·
For front 9" info, I found a lot searching for 609 and D44 in the general section. It seems a lot of the D44 threads get sidetracked on 609 builds. Be prepared though, most of the threads on here about 9" fronts are not budget oriented (Spidertrax outers, Hi9 thirds, etc.) What kind of info are you after? I myself have been looking into it, though mostly for the sake of knowing, as I've got far too much money in my D44 stuff already.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.