Pirate 4x4 banner

camper shell top heavy toyo pickup

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  PHATIM 
#1 · (Edited)
I got a 84 toyo pick with a camper shell on 35s with 4'' all pro springs and 3 " BL plan on takeing that off came with truck lame. What i want to ask if it will still feel top heavy if i take the BL 3" off right now it feels scary i ask this cause the 1st owner iam 3rd cut the back of the cab open so its open and kinda want to not worry about camper shell takeing on and off. Dont have a problem taking it off and leaving it but here in so cal toyo 4x4 r hot so iam not sure what to do?? I see 4runners not trimed that seem to wheele gnarr but is the camper shell the same idea,weight as the rear of the 4runner?? also 1 idea was to make a rear sheet metal back for cabe. The cut out starts below the role of the cab so dont think would be to hard. But if anyone has ideas please let me know or if u can help me answer the ??? i asked thank u 183:smokin

#2 ·
More than likely it feels top heavy because it's on 35s, not because of a 3" body lift or a camper shell. Also, you should really proofread and correct your posts as that bullshit is damn near unreadable.

#5 ·
i know he answerd the ?? so he must have been able to read it fine so he didnt have to be a douche with attitude about the way i worded it. could have seid make it simpler to read not "correct your posts as that bullshit is damn near unreadable." Thats y hes a dick treat people the way you want to be treated. Iam over this place no help just keyboard bullshit.

#6 ·
Cool, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Your truck is top heavy because it's a lifted truck, can't fight physics. You wanna seal it up and get rid of the canopy you'd be time ahead to just find another cab, you'll hate life a lot less than trying to piece together something that's already cut up.

#8 ·
No, I wasn't being a dick. You asked for help, I did my best to understand your 3 year old level grammar skills, answered your question and offered some advice to make yourself better understood the next time. No ego, no bullshit, just straightforward answers. Now if you want me to be a dick, I certainly can, just ask anyone in the Dodge section. We aren't allowed to flame in the Newbie section for people asking simple questions but if you want to make an ass out of yourself, you will not be getting anymore help here.

#9 · (Edited)
Its not the 35s its the body BL by going to 33s i lose 1 1/2 to 2" remeber tires r round so that makes them not a perfect 35". Take the BL off i lose 3" u do the math which would lower it more ???? Dont want help if u cant figuer that a 3" bL is 1 main issue. just seeing what ideas r out there. thank u ps thats y i post in the Newbie General 4x4 Discussion because iam not a dick and didnt want to wasta the toyota guys time with this. Iam not a douce so did what i was ask and u would like to flame me wouldnt u dick

#10 ·
Hmm, I wonder which matters more. Lifting the entire truck, axles, suspension, frame, drivetrain and all up 1" or just lifting the tinfoil import body up 3"? Do the math if you know how.

And no, you are not an "douce", whatever that is. You are an illiterate douche with a mouth a little too smart for your own good.

#11 · (Edited)
honda183, I hope you are only 4 or 5 years old. My 6 year old son can compose better sentences than yours. Seriously, proof read your posts and use spell check. I am generally the last one to say anything, but geez man, you sound like a complete moron typing like that. I'm not perfect and I misspell things too, but you can cut that down and eleminate a lot of the run-on sentences by spending 5 minutes reading what you type.

If you "know" the body lift is your issue, why did you ask what the issue is? Elwenil is right, just so you know, the B/L is not your issue (it is not helping though). Any lifted vehicle will have a higher center-of-gravity, and thus more body roll. Return the truck to stock, that will cure your problems. Removing the B/L will help a little, but the 4 inch suspension lift is the main cause of the problem, in addition to the tall and flexible sidewalls on those 35's. Any weight you can remove from "up high" will also help (ie: camper shell). You may not really notice the improvements from small changes though.

BTW, switching from a true 35 inch tall tire to a true 33 inch tall tire will only lower your truck 1 inch.

#12 · (Edited)
Thank u ya i was told those springs were to tall but they came with the truck so i cant bitch. How r the 3" and what is a good true 33"?? and what about 63s would it be worth it to go that way instead of the allpros thank u. u guys made me cry ya like i care what u think of my grammer but i do like the truck help thank u.

#13 ·
my brain hurts.... :homer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.