Pirate 4x4 banner

What carrier is this?

590 views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  h8z2luze 
#1 ·
Bought this 3rd and i have no idea what the carrier is. Its 4:88 It has spiders but ive never saw one like this. I think it was out of a 90's v6 runner.

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks like a stock V6 carrier to me...
The 4cy have a bigger hole to view the spider gears. The V6 is almost compleetly enclosed like what you are showing.
I have spare V6 carrier chillin on a shelf at my house i can look at when i get home but im almost positive thats what it is.
Also a 4cyl carrier has 3 fins on each side. A V6/Turbo has 4 fins on each side.

The ONLY difference between the 2 are the carrier bearing size. V6 is a little bigger which in turn makes them stronger. Both have 30 spline inputs though and have the exact same bolt pattern.
A lot of people put V6 3rd in thier weelers for the added strength.

Hope this helps.

#8 ·
You can try to get a gun in the hole or stick weld it...
Other option is to take it apart and weld it as you put it back together...There actually pretty simple inside

The second option is going to be the strongest but if you got a good welder and can get the surfaces very clean you can do it put together.
You basically just want to weld as much of the spider gears as possible where they meet...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.