Pirate 4x4 banner

Tranny Shifter

720 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  OzarksYJ 
#1 ·
Hopefully pickin up my 5.3 in a couple of days and my bud building my 700r4 tranny that will be grafted into a 95 YJ.
Question: Since it's a DD/trail rig that will see moderate trails I don't know that I need a shifter without reverse lock, so will any shifter (OEM) that is floor mounted work, such as the GM or even a Cherokee shifter?
Transfer case shifter also? Would at some point in time have a twin sticked somethin...

#2 ·
as far as the transfer case and twin sticking goes, you didnt mention what tcase you will be using, so cant help you out there, but...

the 700r4 just uses cable actuated shift linkage (at least the old ones did :confused:) so you could either graft an oem setup into the jeep or make your own fairly simply.

#6 ·
I know you said you were trying to avoid spending big money, but I have to offer up my opionon on going aftermarket. We run a a winters on our ultra 4 buggy for the turbo 400 and I just installed a winters in my blazer with a 700, very good money spent. 225$ delivered to the door, comes with specific hook up for it. No headaches, bolt in. Just my .02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.