Pirate 4x4 banner

hydraulic assist.... where do i start

724 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  beefdawg 
#1 ·
well i've got my rig to almost a base model of where i want it before i start improving the small but useful and needed things. what i've got is an 86 bronco running 99 super duty axles, front dana 50 rear sterling 10.5, the super duty tie rod mounts up reallllllly low on the outers so i'm getting the high steer arms, being this is the newbie section i figured this would be the best place to post this as i know nothing about hydraulic assist or full hydro, basically what i need to know if what parts specifically are needed, like literally i can build the axle mounts for the ram and all physical linkage, but what pump do i need and would it be best to order a kit or piece it together? any help would be appreciated

#2 ·
Speed is based off of diameter of the ram. smaller the faster, fatter the more assist you get. Look into doing the saginaw pump conversion (off of a 79truck I think...) and plumb in a cooler and filter for added fluid capacity. I'm sure there is some one who has done something similar that can get you in the ballpark of proper ram diameter.

#3 ·
thanks, i keep hearing about the saginaw pump conversion on my fullsizebronco site, maybe i need to look into that :homer: and adding a cooler and filter would be easy, a buddy of mine actually has a hydraulic ram off a combine on 44's with high steer seems to work pretty good maybe i should look into that too

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.