Pirate 4x4 banner

tcase crossmember and bushings?

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  RGRHASH 
#1 · (Edited)
I am wondering about transmission mounts...Im running the stock rubber motor mounts up front, so I know my transmission mount needs to be rubber also...Can I build one similar to this style and bolt the transmission straight to the tubing( like the one pictured)...and have my bushing for the drive train in the tubing ends?...Or do I need to add a rubber transmission bushing between the tranny and tubing?

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
what trans are you running? if it's a th350 then support will be your friend. they like to break the trans case supporting the weight of the transfer, and that one shown might not have any support (can't see from this angle shown) at the back of the trans may be asking for it. i would also put bushings at the trans/transfer to help when the frame flexes, less wrenching/twisting as everything moves. i use a pair of sleeves w/bushings available from DIY4x to support my doubled transfer setup and they seem to work great.

#3 · (Edited)
ne

304 engine and t18 swapped in(from a t15) and a dana 20 tcase...The t18 is pretty long compared to the t15 that was in there and I can see what you mean about the pressure on the bell housing from twisting...so I guess I should go ahead and run the tcase bushing and the bushings in the tubing mounted to the frame rails to help out the life of the bellhousing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.