Pirate 4x4 banner

Looking to keep or improve the leafs after lift.

670 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  knightkrawler 
#1 ·
I'm looking at going with a six inch lift but do not want to lose the ability I have to haul whatever I find in my bed, yes lifting I know I will lose some of the payload.

Yet is there a Ford or Chevy leaf I can go with to keep or improve the payload on my 90 F150 before and after I install a lift? This will be a slow and cheap build but I want to do it right and still keep some of the functionality of the truck.

#2 ·
There's a company that makes custom leaf springs that will give you any lift height you want that may be able to make you a set with the payload capacity you want, but I'm not sure. Im sure someone on here has a cheaper, possibly better, solution though.

#3 · (Edited)
If you use a lift block, but keep your stock springs, the capacity will stay the same, but you might have more axle wrap. Most lift companies offer lift springs so you don't need a block, but weight capacity may vary.

You could use an add-a-leaf to help, or call Deaver Spring and have them make you a custom spring pack if you got the $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.