Pirate 4x4 banner

what to build?... toy vs. toy

660 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Toyota-Chad 
#1 ·
I have options and i cant decide what i want to build. I have 2 early 80's toyotas that i originally bought as parts trucks to build my 89 extra cab but now that i have had some idle time and have been reading on here for months i dont know if i want to build a rock crawling machine out of one or both of the trucks! My 89 is an SR5 7/10 on the body and the interior with a 3.4 swap and pretty well stock. the 2 early 80's trucks are not running but have all the parts i need to make a great toy! Im looking for some opinions as to what people have experienced as a good wheeling truck.

I live in AZ and am not a mud hole kinda guy! I hate cleaning mud covered vehicles, so im going to be building something that sits on either 35's or 37's.

What would you do!

#2 ·
Build the 89 with th 3.4. Decide on your tire, and then keep reading and build from there.

Sure, you could build 2 crawlers at once, but you can only drive one at a time and the resale is terrible on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.