Pirate 4x4 banner

Ruf swap question

18K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  clint.s 
#1 ·
is it possible to use the stock front spring hanger location ? is there a way to not make the front axle move forward when i do this swap?

#2 ·
one of the reasons to do ruf springs is because it moves the axle forward.

#5 ·
The most simple/easiest to explain answer is that by moving the axle forward you don't need to cut up the firewall when the tire moves up.

#8 ·
Yes you can use stock hanger on a ruf swap. It's not the best way to go about doing it but it has been done. If you use a really long shackle , it will be way layed back, to the point where you have to notch out the body mount to clear shackle. Read the link posted in previous post. Lots of good info but lots of reading.

#9 ·
The solid axle front spring hanger is weak. RUF are ~3 inches longer than your front springs. If you want to make spring packs for a lift and maintain stock axle location, cut or remove center bolt, run your main front leaf spring to keep your axle location and push pull steering intact, mix and match springs for desired pack, don't go below 4 leaves

#11 · (Edited)
i used two sets of stock second gens for my ruf,.. cut a few leafs from the extra set down with my plasma cutter,..flappered them smooth,..and put them in.

works real well for height on mine, i have f-150's out back re-arched and one leaf added new from a spring shop on the rears. sits pretty level.

first sas so im sure there are lots of other good idead. search and read.

i did. i read every damn word in the bible. start to finish, before i turned one wrench on my sas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.