Pirate 4x4 banner

Spartan locker's D44/12bolt?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  TonyBolton 
#1 ·
I've searched and found alot of guys using these Spartan locker's in import's and having somewhat mixed feedback. My Chebbie w/ 35/15 SX's is getting 4.56's and lockers after the first of the year. Just want to know if anyone is using these locker's in D44 or 12 bolts and have had good luck with them. The price is reasonable, and that makes me skeptical. Is this a pay for what you get, or are they good lockers?

#3 ·
Twin stick the tcase so you can shift the front axle out of gear if you do it.

My spartan has help up for two years. It doesnt like to unlock when the tires are turned in the front.:smokin:

All and all, if I was to do it again, I would run a spartan. ARB is my first choice but I cannot justify that much $ right now.

#4 · (Edited)
My spartan has help up for two years. It doesnt like to unlock when the tires are turned in the front.:smokin:
I get the same thing...or GOT the same thing. After busting Warn hubs I went to drive flanges and would get the bind up/BANG when reversing from a parking spot, turning the wheels while not moving, then going forward. That's how i'd duplicate it, anyway.

I switched back to the Warns after warranty replacement....but busted another passenger side. I just left the drivers side lockout on, and put the flange back on the other side and said F-it. Sooo.....WHEN the drivers side hub explodes, i'll put the drive flange back on and just deal with it. It's not that bad.

#6 ·
Im goint o be running a spartan in my rear 44 after it gets backed from getting new gears

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.