Pirate 4x4 banner

Coolers

775 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  KacksterK5 
#1 ·
I'm just sort of curious, but what brand/size coolers do you guys use to haul your food/beer around in the back of your rig on the trail? In tight spaces, what do you guys do take make room and maximize your storage potential in the back of your rigs on the trail. I'm trying to get some ideas as I've got limited space and some of it will be taken up via a decent sized fuel cell. So, who has some ingenious storage solutions that they don't mind sharing.

#6 ·
I just built an angle iron base for mine to sit in and tied the handles down good and solid then stole some of the rubber hood hold downs off an old snowmobile to beef up the lid latches. Sits right over my fuel cell with just enough room to get a fuel nozzle in. I just use those cheapy 20 dollar Coleman 54 quart coolers that you can find everywhere.

I would also like to say thanks for starting a thread on the most important and overlooked wheeling accessory. And I am curious to see other peoples ideas. The way I did mine limits my storage a little and could use some improvement on my handle hold downs. Just ratchet straps right now but thinking about getting some turn buckles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.