Pirate 4x4 banner

Gen IV to OBS

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  ChevyBoy2010 
#1 · (Edited)
Currently working on stuffing a 2010 6.0/6l80e into a 1999 classic and am having a hard time finding a company willing to touch the harness. Anybody have a recommendation? I also need a new computer for the set up.

The second part of this is about the transmission. I do not have the drivetrain in front of me, should be here sometime next week, but the transmission is a 2 wheel drive. Id like to run a factory transfer case or a driver drop 241 for sake of keeping the IFS. Is the 6l80e in anyway way the same as a 4l80e in lew of mounting and output/spline engagement?

#2 ·
I'm not a Chevy guy so I don't know anything about your trans / t-case swap issues.

I am damned good with electrical though. I can help ya out with the harness if you don't find a simple solution. Where abouts in CO are you? I assume you have the needed wiring from both vehicles? Any anti-theft issues to worry about?

#4 ·
Firestone, CO. Just north of ya. I do have the wiring from both vehicles, and I havent even started the project yet. Just getting all my ducks in a row before I start molesting a perfectly good truck

#3 ·
Speartech has done what you need and offers a kit that includes harness, computer, and a gas pedal. I don't know about the 2wd shaft length, but the 4wd shaft is 32 spline, same as a 4L80 or turbo 400. A 32 spline 241 should bolt up. Do a search using " 6L80 " and you should find info on the board.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.