Pirate 4x4 banner

OBA Pressure Switch

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  guidolyons 
#1 ·
I need to replace my current pressure switch. Is there any benefit of one type of pressure switch vs the other? Any downsides to either switch? Prices seem comparable, but I'm leaning towards option #1 as it's a sealed unit and much smaller.

Sealed Unit

Open Unit with contacts

Thoughts?

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes. Typically the second is adjustable, that one shown also has an on and off switch, the lever on the bottom of the photo.

I don't really need adjustability and like simplicity which keeps me leaning towards #1, my main uses are airing up tires and blowing up misc beach toys. Nothing "hardcore" by any means.

#8 · (Edited)
#2 will work great----- up till you get mud/water in it, then i think you will find it's weakness. plus, the #1 switch from summit racing is about $10. hook it to a standard bosch 30 amp realay and it should last forever. this is how i hooked up my OBA.

also dont forget a safety valve. my compressor cycles around 100-115psi, the safety will kick in at 130. don't want a bomb under your hood.

#12 · (Edited)
I have just started my OBA setup recently. I purchased my manifold and pressure release valve (150 psi) today. it is going in my JKU.

anybody running a one way check valve, pressure switch that has a pressure release? then no pressure is on pump when pump is not pumping. the idea is that the pump will have easier start ups and supposedly longer pump seal life. these theories were explained to me by locals, not my opinion.

yeah i know reviving a dead thread but i used the search feature!

#13 ·
You don't need an unloader valve on an engine driven OBA, 12V electric? Maybe. A check valve is a good idea though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.