Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota steering column

614 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  blackd-out-chev 
#1 ·
Ok im not really a newbie...but this is a pretty newbie question. So im finally swapping all the parts from my 79 all into my 91 chassis...and noticed something missing. The 91 has a tilt steering column and id like to keep it. there is a section of steering shaft from the column to the firewall thats about a foot or so long. and should bolt to the firewall with a 2 bolt flange/bearing. What is this peice called? is it the intermediate shaft? Im not talking about the piece from the firewall to the steering box... and does anyone have an extra layin around they wana throw in a box with my name on it for a few bucks? Thanks in advance!

#2 ·
Delete this and shoot a PM to Toyotaparts on here, davezoffroadperformance.com. I would imagine that he has some, and is a vendor.

You should know better than to post wanted ads in this forum :shaking:

#4 · (Edited)
I actually just converted my 94 from a fixed column to a tilt. The peice you need is a different length for tilt vs. fixed and the non tilt is welded on. I would guess its called the intermediate steering shaft.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.