Pirate 4x4 banner

welded 10 bolt

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  dahoyle 
#1 · (Edited)
Just curious. How well would a welded (spider gear) rear 10 bolt 8.5" single track with 31" tires hold up on the street? How about with HD racing axles? 1983 k10. Total bitch on corners?

#4 ·
Wouldn't even consider it. The money you spend on aftermarket axles would be better spent on a FF setup.

#8 ·
I would try it. I have personally fozzy locked 6 or 7 jeep cherokees for my buddies both my samurais and the new rockbuggy i'm building. The jeep axles have the C-clips too and few of them are running 33's on the street and offroad.

I dont think I will ever buy another locker.

#10 · (Edited)
What time? I can swap in a 14 bolt faster than I can pull a 10 bolt apart, weld it up, and put it back together.:shaking: So can just about anyone else. You can have all the work done ahead of time, and just swap it out.

As for money, well, I can get a 14 bolt cheaper than custom axle shafts also. Either way, it's a 10 bolt. Ultimately it's probably going to self destruct.

To paraphrase you:

Why spend time and money on something that is probably going to break?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.