Pirate 4x4 banner

Axle help

800 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  OutlawRider 
#1 ·
I picked up a built 44 front axle that came out of a yj, the problem is I got a 81 cj 7. I need to go from drivers side drop to passenger side drop. If I found a shop that did axle work would it be possible to cut the tubes change sides and re-spline the axle to get correct length? If possible would it be cost effective. This axle has everything from Yukon axles, arb and all the good high steer parts. Any info would be great.

#2 · (Edited)
From the research I have done the general opinion is it's possible, but at what cost? Most answers I have found, state switch the T-case. Slightly more to it than that. But might be worth it for an upgraded axle. Keep in mind I don't know shit, just repeating what I have read. I am about to go through the same on my truck.

#3 ·
What's wrong with the D30 in the CJ? A D44 isn't that much of an upgrade for the price it would cost to do the work you are talking about. If you are dead set on a 44, sell the YJ one and find a CJ version. If it were me, I'd upgrade the 30 and run it until I could afford to go to a 60.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.