Pirate 4x4 banner

1984 chevy?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  abig84 
#1 ·
hello,
i have a 1984 chevy one ton i think, well it states that on the title anyways, i am starting to question what the truck really is. hopefully you guys can help me tell what it really is. the truck is a 4x4 crew cab with a 350 tbi motor with a turbo 400 tranny, i know the rear end is the corporate 14 bolt, i know the front end isnt the dana 60 im not sure what it really is. The front end of the truck has the dual side by side head lights like one the surburban trucks.
if you fellas need more info i will answer any question.

thanks dusty

#7 ·
Ok so I have done some research the vin matches on the dash and under the hood. The vin said it origionally came out with a 6.2l diesel. It has a diesel dash and the fuel caps are diesel. I am confused because I dont think the truck is piEced together. But The title said its an 84 one ton. With a new grill and the wrong front axel

#13 ·
Ok so I have done some research the vin matches on the dash and under the hood. The vin said it origionally came out with a 6.2l diesel. It has a diesel dash and the fuel caps are diesel. I am confused because I dont think the truck is piEced together. But The title said its an 84 one ton. With a new grill and the wrong front axel
And the problem is what? You know what the truck is. 1984 one ton that was originally a diesel. That truck has had 27 years to have who knows what done to it. There is a lot of mix-n-match possibilities you can do to these trucks. You know, there are even some guys who swap out 91 front ends onto these trucks... Doesn't change the year of the truck, just different sheetmetal.

Maybe it was in a front in collision and a previous owner used what he had to make it whole again. Big deal, its a different grille. And an axle ain't hard to swap.

Alex.

#20 ·
Bud you will get a million different opinions. I say run the 10 bolt till you find its limits on your own. Shit i ran a 44 (nearly same) with 39"s for years and never once broke a damn thing. I understood its limits and wasnt a hardcore rockcrawler.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.