Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota sway bar & panhard question

3K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Provience 
#1 ·
So on my 84 Toyota pickup I'm going to be using 44044 front springs for lift with hi steer. I plan on driving it here and there on streets and highway . Mostly just a trail rig around the hills by my house. I see a lot of builds with panhard And sway bars removed. I understand how they work and why you would need them but some people claim its hardly noticeable with them gone? I'm not gonna be crazy lifted only around 4-5in on 35s. If I keep pan hard and sway bar am I gonna have to extend them because of the lift ? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

#2 ·
The sway bar you would need to extend to keep it, most people get rid of it because it tends to limit flex in the name of stability. Sure you can do a quick disconnect or get a nice currie? (I can't remember the brand :homer:) that won't limit you as much, but now you are spending more money that you don't totally need, imho.

The front pan hard you don't need when you go highsteer, it is needed with the factory steering.

#4 ·
Correct, it won't cause death wobble. I haven't had any adverse effects from not running the bracket/rod with highsteer.

#6 ·
Have you completed your sway bar lowering yet just looking for some ideas on how to do mine. I am considering putting my sway bar back on my '85. I want to be able to drive mine on the street every now and then. My truck does great off road but right now with the spooled rear and RUf the front suspension is so soft that the body roll on the truck is borderline unsafe for the street or at least for the curves on my commute.

#8 ·
Redpim, i have ruf and rear spool as well. I added in a leaf to my front pack, at first it was waay to soft for street use, but stiffening it up did a ton of good. Still wheels great also.

Course, my truck doesnt exactly sit flat :laughing: the front is just a couple inches taller than the rear :homer:

A sway bar will help, but i would also stiffen up the front pack. Helps keep the pack from working as hard, in my opinion :flipoff2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.