Pirate 4x4 banner

Gearing for a full size bronco and transfer case options

741 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Bigpook 
#1 ·
Hi im from south Louisianan so mudding is the norm around here, I got a deal on a 78 full size bronco and i want to start wheeling level 1-3 trails, i wanted 38s but after reading about the dana 44 im just gonna go with 35s with cromolly shafts, my question is 4:56 gears, with the np205 low enough, i rilly want to crawl and not power over every thing, and this is where i get lost on witch is the best way to get lower gearing, do i do a 203/205 doubler and spend about $700 on the adapter or add a black box type under drive. With the truck having a short wheelbase i guess every inch counts, I know about the atlas but dont know if i want to spend that much right now, is there any other ways im missing to do this. My buddys jeep has a stock transfer case but the crawl ratio is higher and he runs 36 with 4:56 on a small rig it seams to be good but on a full size rig thats a lot of extra weight and stress any imput would help thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.