Pirate 4x4 banner

coil overs vs air shocks vs ORI???

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  AlxJ64 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a tj frame and tub im building. Full dom cage 3 link front with ford dana 60, rear 14 bolt triangulated 4 link. goinng to run lockers 5.38 gears and have a set of 39x18 boggers. rear is getting coils for now because i have some that will get the job done. Also will be running a built 327 with 700r4. I want to run air shocks, coil overs or These ORI strut deals iv been reading on for the front. What all do i need for the coil overs or air schocks as far as limiting straps or bump stops. It seams the ORI are stand alone and i wouldnt need anythign else. Ive never used air shocks before just coils and leafs in the past. not sure what would be the best route and cost effective in the long run or for sure how to set them up and what they need to not damage them. Any help or insight is very appreciated.

#2 ·
ORIs are going to be a good bet for roll stability. With the coilovers OR airshocks you will need to buy additional bumpstops, limit straps, and pick a good spring rate for the springs for the coilovers. Also, with either Coilovers and ESPECIALLY airshocks, you will need a sway bar of some sort. This will help reduce a good bit of body roll. The ORIs, have all of this included and packaged into a single product. For the ORIs though you will need to get a nitrogen bottle and the charge kit. Well worth the investment for the tuneablility of the struts. I have had them on my Jeep now since October and LOVE them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.