Pirate 4x4 banner

chevy gears setup

1K views 26 replies 8 participants last post by  v6toy4x 
#1 ·
hey guys i live in western washington and i was wondering if there was anyone around here that would show me how to set up diffs. its pretty much the only thing i cant to a rig. ive never even seen it done in person. and i dont like having to rely on shops for stuff.

#3 · (Edited)
What makes you two think he has not read the stickies? He's been a member since 2009, good chances he has. Maybe he's the type of person that requires hands on teaching to learn something, not everyone can figure stuff out just by reading. A lot to be said about hands on training.
Perhaps Pirate needs a section for people looking for people to teach them and those willing to teach? It would also keep these kinds of posts out of the tech sections.

#6 ·
Perhaps Pirate needs a section for people looking for people to teach them and those willing to teach? It would also keep these kinds of posts out of the tech sections.
See, you need to read more before you post. If you would have, you would have found the noob section like the op would have if he searched and read around on the forum. It's a flame free section that would have gotten links posted and the help he needed. Post dumb ass questions in the hardcore sections and you'll get the answers you deserve.

#5 ·
Try the regional forum, it might be more direct to your intended audience. Keep in mind, the right tools mean a world of difference in terms of the final outcome and the ease by which it's achieved.

Ask around at a few local shops, you may find one that will let you help/watch if they have a slow day. I often will let a customer get involved for little to no extra charge.

#11 ·
To answer the op's question.... I dont know anyone in washington besides Crash that i would trust to set up gears.

To respond to fart_plume, its obvious that you didnt read the stickies either... Perhaps you can make the trip, pay for it out of your pocket and show him how to set up gears. Make a good example for us here on pirate and apologize for our rudeness.

You know... Because we give a fuck.

#12 ·
Well young man(and yes I can call you that since you're only what 43? and I have kids your age) I actually have read 98% of the stickies, in EVERY section, which I'll bet you haven't even read that many of them. Second The op did ask for someone in his area. He did NOT ask for them to come to him, but you would rather put words in others mouths like you so often do. The op simply asked if there was anyone in his area willing to show him, if someone has said yes I'm sure they would work it out between themselves.

You could have said Well there is crash, if he is willing and has the time pm him and see, but no you gotta be a dick.
"You'll go far with a kind word. You'll go further with a kind word and a gun." ,Al Capone.

As I said a section for those willing to teach IN PERSON, for those who want to learn would be a good thing. It would go right along with the for sale section. I wonder how many good kids with talent you guys run off because of your crappy attitudes, nice way to further the sport.

#14 · (Edited)
fart_plume said:
As I said a section for those willing to teach IN PERSON, for those who want to learn would be a good thing. It would go right along with the for sale section. I wonder how many good kids with talent you guys run off because of your crappy attitudes, nice way to further the sport.
There is a place like that here. Again, as has been mentioned before, this is not the newbie forum. If you want nice, ask there.

#16 ·
What kills me is that you think this site is here to help people. In a way, it is. I personally dont feel a requirement to help those that beg for help. Why? This is a forum that helps those that try to help themselves.

If the OP wanted to ask for info on how to set up gears, i might help if he had asked in the apprpriate manner. Instead, you both insist that we should stop our lives to find him an instructor that works for free to show him what took us years to learn how to do well without guidance. I dont get a check here. I have had others take credit for my knowledge, my research, my efforts. Yet you think we should freely give of what we know, though you do not have the expertise to provide this information even though you have children my age. Why dont you teach him. You think that youre wise and that you can tell us what we should do with our knowledge. Try it, old man. Teach us. Where is your tech? Step up or shut up.
Oh get over yourself. You have no clue, never will, your just a mechanic nothing special.

#18 ·
ok grump, heres the deal i didnt ask anyone to stop their lives to help me, or for free at that matter. Second, i asked for someone in my area, if you aint in my area then you dont have any other reason to fuckin reply to my post but to be a cock sucker cuz mommy and daddy didnt fuckin hug you enough. Third, if this shit wasnt here to help ppl then i wouldnt be called a fuckin TECH forum!

#19 ·
we arent here to hold your hand and take warm showers with you in the wee hours of the morning.

This isnt a refuge for nut crunchin democrats that sit around on welfare waiting for everything in their lives to be handed to them.

#25 ·
You dont know me or fuckin shit about me. You really just butted in where you had no reason to. But its typical of ppl like you to act like a badass on the other side of a wall, cuz in reality they aint shit but a steppin stool and someone bitch.
Would you like us to get to know you?

#27 ·
what part of western washington?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.