Pirate 4x4 banner

Glow Plug Solenoid

794 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  ChevyBoy2010 
#1 ·
Im currently working on making my own glow plug harness for my 6.2 diesel in my 85 suburban. the suburban was not born with the diesel and I need to build my own harness. This is how I have the solenoid wired up and its not triggering the solenoid. I cant find a decent diagram online so I'm posting here looking for help. i BELIEVE i need to put a ground wire to the "T" terminal but I was hoping somebody can confirm. The relay will not engage, can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The ground is for a dummy light in the switch. And 12 volts are coming from the battery to the lower post on the diagram. Then 12 volts are going from battery to switch to "S" terminal on the solenoid. Sorry about the poor diagram.

#5 ·
"T" should be ground if the case isn't. With your switch on, momentarily connect a grounded wire to the T terminal, see if the solenoid clicks.

Oh, a fuse or two in the wiring wouldn't hurt either

#6 ·
Thanks! I figured it out yesterday on my own when PBB was down. I have a fuse on the power side of the switch and the solenoid leads into an 8 circuit fuse block which will send power to the GPs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.