Pirate 4x4 banner

New Guy with Terrible Search Skillz... Np205 Compatibility Question.

538 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  guidolyons 
#1 ·
I currently have a 1987 Chevy 3/4 ton with a TH400/Np208 combination, The Transfer Case has some Internal Issues that Assuming is some Shift/Range fork issue, It doesnt like to leave 2hi and always seems like its in between etc.. Ive found a Gentleman locally that has a th400/Np205 with the Correct Round pattern Adapter out of a 86-87 1 Ton. Im fairly certain that the Adapter Case is gonna be Good, Im unsure about the Transmission Output shaft, I know they made a couple different variations Short/Long etc. Should the 2 be the same? I havent removed my case yet to determine which one i have and His is bolted together so he is unsure also. Just Curious..?

Thanks in Advance for Any and All Help.

Also his Case has the Slip Joint Rear Output, If that makes a Difference.

Steven

Under Suggestion i moved this too the Noob Section, Obviously my Question was too Dumbed down for the Chevy Section. LOL

#2 ·
Both should be 32 spline since they are both mated to TH400. You *should* be able to use your adapter, but I'd get the adapter too, just in case. You can sell whichever you don't need. You can measure your existing adapter if it's the same length and his it should work. Or if you really want to make sure, get the TH400 with it.

Some info on various TH400 shafts and NP 205 info:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=653713&highlight=205

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.