Pirate 4x4 banner

Modifying toyota wiring harnessI

855 views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  ugly80 
#1 ·
I have built a formula four style buggy but am very electrical illiterate.I need help locating a site or info on how to delete all the extra wires from a 91 pickup wiring harness to make engine run . Any help will be greatly appreciated

#4 ·
all the formula toys I have worked on can be gutted to like 5 wires :laughing:

I would delete EVERYTHING and start with a simple stand alone fuse block and some relays and add only what you desire. Much easier than unfucking an existing harness unless you really need it.

#5 ·
The ECU is going to need all the engine sensors to run the engine correctly. If you get a manual you should be able to figure out what wires are needed. You can cut everything except the bat pos, key power, check eng light, starter, etc.
If you are totally lost we can cut your harness down for you. Give us a call.

#8 ·
The haynes won't do it? I haven't looked in a while, but it seemed like they used to have a pretty complete wiring diagram section....or else there are always the service manual links in the toyota FAQ.

#9 ·
The method I've always used for cutting down efi harnesses is:

strip it all down

keep whatever comes out of the ECM

Most of those wires will go to engine sensors and the fuel pump.

There will be a couple wires left over, usually a ground, constant power, key-on power, and a "crank" power (only powered when starting). And a check engine light.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.