Pirate 4x4 banner

pre IFS parking brake system installed into IFS frame

841 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Erick561 
#1 ·
Hey. I've got an 88 Frame solid 8" pre IFS axles under it with a 1st or 2nd gen pre IFS horse collar cross member welded in to the frame and a 1st gen parking brake system but I do not know how the cable is supposed to be routed down my firewall and under the floor/tranny tunnel to the hinge that attaches to the horse collar cross member. I have a lot of slack and was wondering how to go about setting my parking brake up. The rear axle has a whole new drum brake setup :mad3:

#5 ·
Not sure off the top of my head on how it is specifically routed through the firewall, but after that it is just routed up and over the transmission, tucked up and secured with some bendy strips of metal, sort of like a big twist tie, to the underbody side of the trans tunnel. The cable then goes to a lever for added ease of pull and on to another cable that goes all the way to the brakes.

The first pic in this link you can see where the paking cable connects at the rear axle end, then runs under my gas tank to the frame rail, held on by a clip, then up and over.

Is that the clevis pin part that you are talking about?

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showpost.php?p=13201919&postcount=63

#6 ·
1st pic is why i didn't use 2nd gen parking brake, 2nd pic shows xmember, 3rd pic shows what i'm talking about but thats the best i have right now

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.