Pirate 4x4 banner

Toyota Tranny slipping problems

331 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jeep this 
#1 ·
I have a 93 Toyota pickup sr5 with the 3.0v6...noticed that the tranny slips like crazy when in 2wd. At first I thought the clutch was possibly going to die within the week but I noticed my dif is leaking a large amount of fluid and given all the mudding and stupid driving I do...I've been thinking, could it be possible that something in my dif got fucked up? Maybe all the teeth got shaved down a little from me doing something? Just very frustrating, i don't wanna replace the clutch but I guess either way is a lot of work. Thanks guys!

#2 ·
Neither is really a lot of work, but it sounds like you need to pull and fix your differential issue anyways, then you will know for sure if you are missing teeth.

A clutch slipping does not really have a similiar feel to a busted differential, in my experience, so you may need to pull the tranny and check that out as well. Also, when you pull the clutch, odds are that your flywheel is full of hotspots, so either replace that or at least get it resurfaced.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.