Pirate 4x4 banner

Propane 22re

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  Propane 
#1 ·
How many people are running propane on there 22re and is there any other people the sale propane kits besides ,got propane?????

#2 ·
Lots of people run it and there are a few different kits, including some homebrew stuff.

The Got Propane kit is a very well put together system and Cary is a big supporter on this site and has kick ass customer service, from what I hear. I have seen, on this board, enough good service and tech and such from him that I plan on getting his kit when time/money allow.

The information is definately out there, you just need to spend a bunch of time searching on here and google, just be wary of the forklift kits, it is tough to get the right flow for a 22r out of those mixing bowls, again from what I hear.

Look up some of the posts by Wilson and Stubbs, they have both posted a shit ton of info on propane setups and turbo propane setups.

#4 ·
I've heard that propane doesn't last as long but then I see all these buggys running propane.
Whatchu talkin bout :confused:

As far as fuel economy, it is decreased slightly, but you get a touch more power to make up for it. Just remember, if you only hook it up to a 5 gallon propane tank, then you won't make it as far as having a 14 gallon gas tank, but obviously that is an easy problem to solve. carry more fuel :flipoff2:

#6 ·
As far as I know, I am the only one with a 22re kit. You will find that the ebay/nash people have simply taken a photo of one of my kits and put it on their website...................but they are out of stock:shaking:

#10 ·
I've been running the Gotpropane 22re kit for almost a year and have had no issues with it. If I ride all day almost non stop I will use about 75%-100% of a forklift tank (around 7 gallonsLP). I usually on an average day of ride/watch/spot/eat go through about half a tank.

#11 ·
I have a '84 extra cab that someone put a 20R in, then I bought it and blew it up lol now I put an '87 22RE into it and I'm not a mechanic lol
The EFI has frustrated me
To the point I'm ordering a got propane kit! Now can I use the 20R distributor/igniter ? So I
Don't have to order all that too lol

#13 ·
Yes, the 20r ignition system is good to go. Just make sure the vacuum advance diaphragm is still good:grinpimp:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.