Rear Lift Options? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 207514
Rear Lift Options?

Hello I'm new here and have been looking around the site for the last few months. I have gotten some great information on things to do to my truck and some stuff I wish I could do. Well anyways some background on my truck is it started out as a bone stock '87 F250 4x4 that I traded my wife's father for. I started acquiring parts for it almost immediately as well as a plan for what I wanted I picked up a dana 60 to replace the ttb frontend, 6" skyjacker lift, ORU reverse shackle kit and crossover steering kit. Well anyways my problem is when I finally started putting everything together, the front sat about 3" or so higher then the rear of the truck and I had already knew the shackle reversal would add lift so I purchased some 2" blocks for the rear of the truck when I purchased everything else. Well I did not want to raise the rear to match the front seeing how the front was about 4" over legal limit so I removed a couple of leafs from the front spring pack to lower it down about 3" and I had to add an additional 1" block I had laying around to get the truck to sit level. I do not wish to run blocks at all in the rear of the truck but if I can get it down to around 1" of block I can probably live with that. I would like to maybe do a rear shackle flip but it looks like it adds about 4-5" of lift which i do not want either. Sorry for the long winded post I was just trying to make sure I had all the info needed to solve my issue and by the way I am planning on running a 38-39" tire.
Low Budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:26 AM   #2 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 109328
Shackle flip if you reuse the stock shackle hanger will provide around 2.5" of lift as it's dropping the rear of the spring 5 inches and you get 1/2 of that in lift since your axle is mounted in the center of the springs. Take it off the frame, flip it over and bolt it back on as the 4 holes are symetrical and will line right back up. Free 2.5" lift

Derek
You don't need to take off the cover, just stick a screwdriver in that 50amp 240V plug under the panel while licking your fingers and touching the door of the panel. If your pecker rips through your jeans it's 3 phase.
Ho Shorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 03:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 207514
Will flipping the stock hanger move the rear axle forward just like the other kits out there or will it stay about the same. Also do i need to swap the hangers and or the shackles to opposite sides or just flip the hanger upside down and leave the shackle or flip the hanger and spin the shackle. Sorry if that was confusing just never seen anyone else just flip the stock hanger. Also I would post a couple picks but I cannot figure out how or if I even can at my newb level here on pirate. Thanks for the info so far Ho Shorts.
Low Budget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 115381
Send a message via Yahoo to fatboyf150
the front spring hangers put the axle in place. just flip the rear and you will be fine.

[url]www.facebook.com/kenneth.rivenbark[/url]
fatboyf150 is offline   Reply With Quote