94 pathfinder check engine light - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2003, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 17210
94 pathfinder check engine light

I have a 94 pathfinder, the check engine light has been on for a month now, the car has run fine up until 14th of feb. When at a stop light the rpm's will drop and the car will stall but restarts, and when leaving a stop light there is a hesitation. What i would like to know is your opinion on the problem, and if possible the code definition on the computer under the front seat. The computer has a screw you turn to put it in dianostic mode and there are a sequence of lights that blink that tell you where the problem is. Could you tell me what i would have to do to diagnose this problem my self? I have a technical background i own a heating/cooling/refigeration company so i have troubleshooting expirence. Also there is a foul oder coming from the exhaust, if anyone could help me i would appreciate it. Thanks Doctor Rizzo
Doctor Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

Member # 16793
the diagnostic modes are somewhat a pain in the ass copared to toyoyas but still , you should be able to come up with some codes . If I were you I'd take the seat out to make life easier. The coputer has two l.e.d.s in it one green the other red. to get codes you have to turn the key on, flip the switch on the computer to diag or on and then wait for the lights to blink together 3 times . First they will blink once then twice and if left in the on position, they will blink 5 times and then start over . To get the codes the lights have to blink 3 times and then turn the switch to the off position. The lights will blink seperately the red is the ones spot and the green is the tens (I think it might be the other way around but the code nubers will be obvious if you have it backwards) so if the red blinks 3 times and the green blinks 6 times then you have a code 63. I don't have the codes with me but if you post again I will try to look them up for you at work. Good luck!
denver d is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2003, 05:15 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 17210
Thanks for your help, i will wait for your next post. Doctor Rizzo
Doctor Rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote