Pirate 4x4 banner

This forum needs a Newbies check in here post.

414K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  serene 
#1 ·
So Newbies.......Check in here :flipoff2:

#2,508 ·
I'm a newbie here, actually to off 4x4s. I just picked up a 95 z71 that has a solid axle swap already and I was told a 22" lift in front, but is stock in the rear. It was being set up to clear 46's. I plan on driving the truck around town, but want to take my kids in the mud too. Where would I find springs to lift the rear to match the front? If I could get some help going in the right direction, please.

#2,511 ·
New to the site, but been on forums all around for the past 5 years. Name is Chuck, and I am running an 03 Ford Exploder Sport 4x4 with roughly 5in of lift and 33's (having 4.56's installed this afternoon).:D Nothing too fancy, had to sell my 89 K5 after i wrecked it on the freeway :p so now i have a more "driver friendly" vehicle. Cant wait to explore this site some more...great place for all kinds of information!

#2,517 ·
Hello all just a newbie checking in. I am fairly new to the off road world though i have managed to now collect two what i think are greate vehicles. 1. is 1996 Full size bronco. I picked it up as a project but was still wishing i had a more capable truck so i traded my ram 1500 for a 2006 dodge power wagon (manual even). i have done some trails up near shasta with the wagon and loved it. looking forward to more of that and working on the bronco and making it into more of a pre runner config.
looking foward to getting into trouble here

#2,518 ·
Newbie!

So it all started after a coupla drinks, I said to my buddy-I've heard about this Rubicon thing....and he says, yeah I have the 91 Bronco that my kids didn't want..........
Lessons learned-stock Bronco won't get far on the Rubicon..."wrench" is not just something you can do to your back......as we know nothing about axles, spider gears, pinions, 37 vs 44, bushing escutcheon beezle grommets, have spent a ton of dough to get through the Rubicon, fail the Fordyce twice, and are having a blast!

It's all Bueno! says so on the rig.........

BTW-notice that folks may get flamed for stupid questions on the forum, have never met a better bunch of folks on the trails here-no matter what stupid thing--every one is eager to help.

#2,520 ·
New guy here, fabrication question

I have lurked here a bit, found you through a link to the Swag porta band table. Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a general fab / tooling section.

I got referred here from a welding site. I'm a Jeep guy, but I'm from the Great Police state of New Jersey where theres not much legal off roading land access nearby.

As a much younger man I pushed a stock suspension '72 Bronco with the 302 with headers, a Holley 4 barrel and a Hurst floor shift conversion pretty hard, everywhere I thought could take it. Sometimes I was wrong, but never sorry.

I'm looking for a tutorial on the chop saw method for tube notching.

Thanks

#2,527 · (Edited)
Hey guys, moderately new to the world of four wheeling, I drive a Subaru :flipoff2:, I've read mags and technical articles for many years now just too broke to buy a jeep. I'm currently in my 3rd year of studying metallurgical engineering at Missouri S&T and 2nd year on their SAE baja team so I do get to build and drive a form of offroader. Don't know how much I'll be able to contribute to the community but I'll do my best to not just lurk.

#2,529 ·
Hey hey. Semi-Noob checking in I have been mudding since early high school and have lately been more focused on trail riding and obstacles util I had to sell the truck to pay for my summer semester of college also at Missouri S&T. I have been co-driving in a rally car the past year (hopefully we will place in the central region of the rally america series now that most of the bugs are worked out of the car.)
Also working on a 4 seat tube buggy that I picked up on craigslist cheap. I would like to get this done by the end of summer so that I can get back at it, but we all know how time tables work. Best of luck everyone and their unfinished projects.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.