Pirate 4x4 banner

This forum needs a Newbies check in here post.

414K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  serene 
#1 ·
So Newbies.......Check in here :flipoff2:

#2,326 ·
Hey all, Noob from northeast Ohio to these forums but my brother sent me here after he heard me talking about turning my '91 Toyota truck into a rock crawler. I'm not sure of his name on here. Anyway, I plan on turning my DD Yota into a monster and so far this site has answered a lot of questions I had already. Here's a pic of both my trucks. Glad to be joining the site all.

And here is my current project. '79 GMC Suburban.

#2,327 ·
Guess I should be checking in here. Not to good at checking in on these newb things or welcome pages. Alright. Here goes and let the hair fly. I am working on building a Dana 44/gm corp 12 combo up for my 2004 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4. Also another plan is a v8 swap. Either an aluminum 5.3l or the big 6.0 truck motor.

Picture of why I need lift lol

#2,329 · (Edited)
Lol so what's the difference between this thread and the one in chit-chat?

Anyway, I've been wheeling on and off for about 4 years. I know a few things but trust me when I say, I can come up with some pretty dumb questions that I'll look back and at wonder WTF I was thinking asking that on a public forum.

That said, I've been on forums for a good 10 years so I'm not new in that respect.

As stated in the other thread, bring it on.

PS- 93 Ranger with a stupid big lift.

#2,330 ·
Just another Newb

Just another newb checking in.

I got into off roading with 4x4s at the beginning of this year and have been spending all the spare time/cash I don't have on it since then. While I have been lurking around here I figured I would finally make a membership and start contributing.

My rig:
1987 Toyota 4Runner
33" TSLs

Still working on the lift, lockers, and driving skill.

#2,331 ·
Hey guys decided to make it official. Not new to wheeling or wrenching by any means, but always motivated by fab and new ideas of technological advancement. So I'm here to learn what I can and hopefully be able to help others the way I've been helped on here.

My current rig is a 89 yota pickup with a 22re swap taking place now.
fj diffs.
taco leaves in back and rear leaves up front.
King 12" smooths.
33" km2s.
front tubed bumper rear mini stinger/tire mount.
on board air.
Think that about covers it for now, well catch ya guys around.

#2,332 · (Edited)
alright yall i checked in just registered yesterday

down in texas, joined here to get some info about my first rig purchase right now im leaning towards a 90-96 F-150 ext/super cab 4x4 with a straight 6 or a 90-2000 jeep cherokee 4.0L 4x4. fixin to use it as a daily driver and frequent hunting/fishing/camping trips around this badass state
and i would just love to find that theres another option for me... 2nd gen dodge 2500 5.9 CTD 4x4 pleeeeease

#2,343 ·
Newb here from Utah.

I have used info from this for a while but never signed up, not sure why!

Anyhow I have a '78 Bronco looked like this when I got this summer

I have done quite a bit of work, replaced a lot of engine seals, oil and water pumps, got rid of the carb in favor of a Holley TBI set up, 6" lift, Stonecrusher steering, 37" TSL Super Swampers, other stuff that I can't remember.

How she sat last week on a wheeling trip

I have a lot more work I would like to do, won ton axles, either a 6bt or a Powerstoke, 3 link front, replace/repair all of the rusted panels and 40s when it is done

#2,345 ·
New young gun thats been wheeling for life

Hey guys im Aric Teague, 22 years old and have been wheeling for 21 years. So just about my entire life. The old man and I are wheeling a 81cj7 and a full out buggy. The cj is sitting on dana 60 front and gm 14 bolt rear fox coils and 42 inch iroks. It has a lt1 motor in it 7000r4 transmission and atlas transfer case. The buggy has a similar setup other than vortec 5.3 and twin narrowed steering 60's as well as king air shocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.