Pirate 4x4 banner

This forum needs a Newbies check in here post.

414K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  serene 
#1 ·
So Newbies.......Check in here :flipoff2:

#2,351 ·
And another NEWBEEE here,OK,carry on.:laughing:
GMC 1993 1500 4X4.
1959 Dodge W 100 Power Wagon,flatbed,6000 # winch behind cab,gin poles and maby going todo a complete restoration on the beast,well,at least an engine rebuild,318 Poly.
Have it all tore apart,brakes,differentials brake hadraulics getting a redone.
I owned this pickup back in the early eighties,drove it for about ten or twelve years,sold it,Youngest Boychild needed major dental.About the first day of July,Eldest Boychild comes over and announces that He bought a pickup,I asked what it was,"You`ll See",so We was needing the trailer to move it,got to the oplace and there was My old Power Wagon,We loaded it up and Son says "happy Burfday Dad"what a surprise,I have`nt figgered out if it was a curse or a blessing,with all the work it needs.:shaking::D Yeah,it is a blessing,gives Me something todo while the wifey`s oft to work.:eek:

#2,352 ·
oops !

I guess I should have posted here first . . . I was just used to web sites having their "General Discussion" and related sections at the top of the forum lists .

( That'll teach ME not to scroll down on sites I'm not familiar with , huh? )

Anyways , I've been hanging out in the Dodge Tech section mostly since joining this summer , and am very impressed with some of the creative abilities of the members here .Very nice !!

I'm 45 , and a machinist/millwright/welder/fabricator by trade . I've got an 04' Ram that's my daily driver , a 94 2500 RAM plow truck , and an old 87 Ramcharger that I'm trying to figure out how I wanna go about converting into a woods crawling moose-wagon .

The RC's frame is pretty crusty in the back , so the first thing will be to chop it off and start fabbing the rear section from tube .

Living up here , you really need a vehicle similar to what they're running in Alaska so I've been slowly digesting Dusty's incredible 'Kodiak-Rockwell' build thread , and have been very pleasantly entertained . I doubt I'll go the Rockwell-route , nor will it be nearly as big as the swamps are something I'll try to avoid getting TOO deep in . ( Yeah . . . I know , best laid plans of moose and men , and all that )

I'm thinking , probably about 38 or 40" tires on 70's , probably trailing arm the rear with coils and just run leafs up front . Strengthen the 727 she has and build a Magnum roller 360 , and try to concentrate , primarily on strength and reliability of the shafts and axles .

I've got a fair amount of experience building and machining engines , and the metal fab skills too , but not too much dealing with the transfers and axles , so I'll be looking for a lot of info being a FNG here . My off-roading experience is limited to 4-6" lifts on 35-38 " tires with pretty stock components other than the motor .

Great site here , looks like a lot of crazy-assed gear-heads too . . . . oughta be a fracking hoot!!

#2,357 ·
Texas neewbie

well I'm from weatherford tx , have a 94 F-150 single cab, short bed , stock 302 5.0 engine ,
8" skyjacker lift , 3" body , 42x15x15 tsl's on the stock d 44 axles , yes I break them all the time and just do junkyard swaps , I have 2 sets of the GM 2 1/2 tons but I have heard nothing good from them , I am currently lookin for Rockwells in my price range and around my location , then I will work on some v-treads after I get my rocks . This will not happen overnight I know , after suspension is done I will worry about motor/ it runs great so not ready to change , also I live in the sticks thier is not internet available in my location so 99% of my browsing is from my phone which sucks

#2,359 ·
I'll make it official and check in. Have a 76' Ramcharger with D60/70's with E-locker/lincoln locker, cut up fenders/roof, 38" TSLs, about 7" spring lift, CV driveshafts front and rear, etc, etc. Oh ya, and a (you guessed it) 440. Just put on fuel injection, and waiting for parts to do hydro assist. Having aluminum wheels machined for beadlocks so I can put on my 40" LTB's that I've had sitting for 2 years. The projects never end.

#2,364 ·
New from Louisiana, driving a 05 F150 4x4 but about to start building a low budget mud slinging machine and I'm here to learn. I've owned two mud trucks so far a 80s K20 on 40s and a 93 F150 on 33" boggers but this will be the first one I'll build.

Here are some pictures of my F150, she's seen some mud but it being my daily driver I haven't really beat on it too hard.

Looking to build a leafsprung 1 ton Ford Ranger to sling some mud with.

#2,369 · (Edited)
hey there

hello everybody my name is jon emilsson iam from sweden so my english is A BIT bad :p so bare with me just signed on here iam wondering do you got a genreal picture department bucouse i am painting alot and i posted a thread in 4x4 general discousion dont know if thats the place to put it in my bad if i did wrong if so could someadmin replace me and tell me ? iam pleased to be here and it will be fun to get to learn you all

a sory forgot iam 25 years old working as a fence builder here in seden dont got a 4x4 at the moment but planing on getting one asap as i get the economy for it

some of my works

and the work station

thats al fore me feal free to ask anything i do paint alot so if you got some ideas you want help with getting out of your heads and on paper in perpesticview ore how you guys spell it

with regards jon emilsson noobie swede :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.