Pirate 4x4 banner

This forum needs a Newbies check in here post.

414K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  serene 
#1 ·
So Newbies.......Check in here :flipoff2:

#2,380 · (Edited)
Hello my name is chris i am a 8, 9 year come feb usaf member and I love 4 wheeling I wheel a 1998 awd mountainerr.

Now you guys are asking why moutianerr right well here is the story I was working on and old lowered ranger I had at the hobby shop and this guy comes in and ask who wants a free truck I yell me and then the ask what and dose it run, he said it did and its out back here are the keys and title so off o go to look at my new toy.

Poped hood and 5.0 powere oh yeah climed under it front drive shaft oh 4wd climb in what the hell were is the t case switch at kick goole search oh it's awd plan at this point get it home bang the roof out (tree fell on it ) go play. First play trip no windows

Stuck

Add some 31's and windows let's go to barnwell

Shackle and tt lift pull sway bars and back to barnwell

#2,386 ·
Been a lurker for a while now and just never got around to posting in this thread... Might as well do SOMETHING useful while finishing my work day! :grinpimp:

Devin from Albany, OR with a 78 Cherokee...

Not to long after I picked her up...

What she looks like today...

Waiting to win the lotto for a D60 already... :rolleyes:

#2,387 · (Edited)
Why not, may as well add a post to my count. :flipoff2:

In from the Blackland Prairie, NE of Dallas (by a good ways). Suffice it to say none of yall have heard of my town, unless your a fan of Audie Murphy.

Nissan D21, on 31x10.5's, 2wd, been the farm truck for near two decades, joined to get ideas and leads on parts to make it a better farm truck. Wanting to swap in a SD25, or similar Nissan diesel, SAS, better rear end than what I have, and so on. Not looking to make a pussy trailer queen, or a mall pounder. Just want to thank the unkillable bastard for 17 years of soaking up the abuse.

Playing around in my creek.

#2,389 ·
new here

Posted in the general section. Idk how many of these I have to post in saying I'm new but anyway I'm here.

#2,390 ·
Stopped Lurking and Started Posting...

Guess I better say hello. Lurked around several 4x4 sites off and on.... digging into a swap project and figured it'd be a good time to just get on the board.

Started my love for Toyota with an 86 Chevy Nova (which was built by Toyota that year).... beat the crap out of the car... still ran.

Got an 87 22R 4x4 XtraCab and loved that truck.... looked like the Nova I loved on the inside.... the Truck I always wanted on the outside. Fender bender tweaking the frame caused me to give it up.

Currently have my 95 SR5 3.0 4x4.... Love that truck just as much as the 87.

... Now -- it's upgrades, tinkering, and finally getting onto some trails for me.

#2,394 ·
New here!

I just joined and wanted to say hello.I have looked to this site often when I had 4x4 related questions,always found the answer too!I don't do any serious off road,rock crawling,mud bogging or racing.I do tow a lot and use my truck for hunting,work and wood cutting.My plans are to install a dana 60 and a locker for the rear end.Maybe get a winch.The truck is a 96 F250 sitting on Good Year Dura-Trac 315/75/16's.That's as tall as I want for tire height.

#2,395 ·
Hello, Cee-Jay here. I went on a multi-day off-road camping trip this September in Eastern Washington. We camped one night at the confluence of Quilomene Creek and the Columbia River and the next night at West Bar, a large natural sandy beach along the banks of the Columbia opposite of Crescent Bar.

This got me fired up to buy a 4x4 and seek adventure more often; hunting, fishing and camping with friends and family in the wilderness. I've been trolling craigslist since then looking for vehicles and hitting this site and others to explore options.

Growing up, my family had an '85 K5 Blazer with the 305. I had a mid-90's two-door S15 Jimmy for about 10 years and now we have a Mitsubishi Endeavor, which is a great value cross over but that thing would probably break in half on any sort of moderate trail. That will remain our pavment pounder and I'll pick us up a proper off-road rig.

I done a ton of reasearch over the last several months and I've pretty much settled on an 88-91 K5 Blazer/Jimmy or 89-93 Ramcharger. I'm looking to build a family adventure vehicle or light overlander as opposed to a full on Rockcrawler. Think 2.5" lift, 33"s, beefy body projection, roof rack, drawers and storage, some simple strength and recovery upgrades but mostly stock. I've got a long drive to get to my expected off road spots, so comfort and safety on the pavement is important too. I love the Land Cruisers and 4 Runners but they cost more then I'm willing to spend right now.

I grew up in the Virginia suburbs of Washington, DC but now live in Seattle, WA with my wife and two young boys. I manage a risk management group at
a local energy company and I also run a Life & Leadership Development coaching business on the side. I like getting outside to hike, fish, hunt, barbeque, drive and just plain hang out. I enjoy adventure and I enjoy connecting with people on a deeper level... and I also like to f*ckin' party!

I'll stop now but promise to deliver 300 more pages about myself soon. :p

Thanks,
Cee-Jay

#2,396 ·
My '93 G30454 4X4 EXT 146" WB

The '93
The govt ordered it from GM sent it down to Armor-Tec in Texas bullet res glass steel plates in the walls ( found that out when i pulled the carpet off the walls and 3/8 A-R plate fell out..that plate at the scrap yard paid for the interior ), then up to salt lake city to Advanced 4 wheel sys for a 1 ton GMC front end and gave it to the Cuban Diplomats in Miami for 3 yrs then the Nevada state maintenance sys got it to look for oil in Elco Nev. then the Utah Olympics took it and put 10k in the appulistry paint and drive line, 4 mos after that i got it in a auction for 12.5k

'93 G30 454 4X4 EXT, 4l80E, np205, 4-56 spicers in a Dana ft & GM Corp rear, Bilstien 5100's, BFG 315/75/16, 146" wheelbase. This was all factory or govt, well almost I have increased the tire size to mellow The Beast, still way more motor than tire, only made 3, my vin # & vin checker are below( any make any model 1980 and newer, build list ). Its a 2 seater ripped out the 4 bench seats & diamond the floor, oaked the walls, fishing rod racks, limo roof, 12 speaker 1000 watt sony surround, exercise bike, telescope that you can count the rings of Saturn and oh yea a Hammock to sleep in and watch the stars.

The Beast has done 270 miles of the Baja 1000 in 03 as a chase truck (got 8 MPG ), from here to Tuson & back in 10 hrs, 6 ft in the air behind Lake Morena, last May I took a 7 week road trip to the Florida Keys and back 6700 miles ( got 14 MPG). I have 2 of these one for the dirt - one for the street, the other '92 G30 454 EXT.

2GAGG39N4P4116494 ...1of 3
2GAGG39N0N4112343 ...1 of 16

The auction house listed in the auto trader here in town i went and fell head over heals for the red one and the white one i found on line in Iowa 7yrs later. I couldnt resist the vin #.
'93 - 2GAGG39N4P4116494
'92 - 2GAGG39N0N4112343 This is my next project

In Feb 2011 it made HOT ROD & TRUCKIN MAG & DRIVE MAG

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.