Pirate 4x4 banner

This forum needs a Newbies check in here post.

414K views 3K replies 3K participants last post by  serene 
#1 ·
So Newbies.......Check in here :flipoff2:

#2,461 ·

Yup, im new. Been wheeling all my life. Had a 1st year POS wrangler, it broke alot. Sold it and bought a motorbike.
Now i have a 2002 taco. Love it, unstoppable, but the top wont go back on if i take it off, and the windshield wont go back up if i fold it down. And then there are the doors.
Thinking about selling it and building a sammy. So here i am. Idont know shit about building a sammy.

#2,463 ·
Im a Newbie get over it!!!

J/K... Anyways just got my first crawler had many of runners before
1980 bobbed yota, 529's, 38 Tsl boggers, square drivelines, chevy rear, high steer, dual sticks t-case and many more.

looking for some ponters and other imprtant thinkgs i may need to consider. and go ahead give me some Sh*& i can handle it :smokin:

#2,466 · (Edited)
Hey all, just checking in as a newbie. Probably won't post much, but will do plenty of lurking. (I really don't have much to post about)

But I do own a 2005 Chevy Colorado Z71 4x4. I have a 3" torsion key lift on the front with 2.5" shackles in the rear. I put in an AAL in the rear just to give the rear some support, netted maybe an 1". Truck sits on 32" Cooper STTs.

I come here doing research on SAS, since that is going to be my next project on the truck. I am sick of going through fucking CV half-shafts, and the stock IFS leaves something to be desired as well.

That's all for now. Have a good one.

#2,467 ·
howdy, Newb!!:flipoff2:

anyway, checking in from SouthEast Georgia!
2005 GMC Canyon z71 crewcab 4x4
2" lift shackles, t-bars cranked to level, roof rack with lights, bullbar with moar lights, but need more lights.:smokin:

#2,472 ·
Newbie checking in. Doc from So Cal. I have a 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. This is my second 4x4, first was back in '88 I had a '78 W200 Powerwagon with a 360 and 4 speed with granny 1st gear. It was a beast but fun to drive. Only had it a year or so, got married and needed the money so I sold it.

#2,478 ·
Newbie from Europe!

Hi All,

I'm a Newbie from Guernsey in the Channel Islands! We're a 5 mile x 7 mile British Island off France.

I run a shartened and bobtailed Range Rover with hydraulic rear wheel steering. Rear steer doesn't exist in the UK, let alone Guernsey so it's all built from scratch.

Hope to gather some great info on here!

Cheers, James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.