Pirate 4x4 banner

aluminum bodied military jeep?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Brad 
#1 ·
i found a military jeep like rig this weekend that is about the size of a suzuki samurai and it is IFS front and rear. this is all i really know about it. anyone know what it might be?

#7 · (Edited)
Oh and I belive the MightyMite has solid axels.

Well I was wrong. I found this:

"The suspension was of the independent type, providing fullarticulation. Longitudinal 1/4 elliptic leaf springs were mounted in a unique way which virtually eliminated roll-overs."

I could give you a round about price tonight when I get home and I can look in my book. I just need to know what shape it is in.

#8 ·
it looks to be in about perfect shape. i did not drive it so i can't say for sure. the only thing visably wrong with it is the forging cable was pulled out of the dash. the handle is there but it seems the cable it's self is broken. other than that it looks great.

#11 ·
What are they asking? I would say looking off the pic (if that is a pic of the actual m-422) it could be worth $7000 to $9000. Could be more could be less depending if it is original condition or restored and how well the restoration was done. I would do some more research since my book is a 1995 edition. Hope this helps a little.

#12 ·
well i went back tonight and found that they just dropped the price from $9500 to $7500. it has been restored and is in mint (stock) condition. i was hoping that they did not know what they had but they obviously did. it is definatly sweet but i don't want one that bad.

#13 ·
by the way it was a m422a1 which is 6" longer than the m422. they look the same except for the extra 6". there were under four thousand ever made. definatly cool and being that i was a marine i was interested. i just need a shop more than i need a second toy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.