YJs w/ 37s Need pics - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2004, 08:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Member # 23360
YJs w/ 37s Need pics

I need to see YJs on 37 that are still Spring Under Axle. If anybody has pics, post them up.
Old 01-23-2004, 08:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Granite Guru

Member # 17537
Why?

Why would anyone want a YJ sprung under on 37's. You must have some big speed bumbs at your mall You might want to move this to newbie section or search
Robert
Old 01-23-2004, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)

Member # 15621
Man Robert your a little critical Im going to 37s next year just hace to cut more

j
Old 01-23-2004, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by 5150xj
Why would anyone want a YJ sprung under on 37's. You must have some big speed bumbs at your mall You might want to move this to newbie section or search
Robert
Actually, if there were a "smart way to build a jeep to compete" section, maybe that's where I'd post it. Have you not heard of "lower center of gravity"? If you don't have one, don't post. Is that difficult? Oh, and incase you were wondering what my jeep looks like in the mall parkinglot. . .

[IMG]C:\Documents and Settings\SSAMPSON\My Documents\My Pictures\bounce5.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-23-2004, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

Member # 4173
Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by BigBlueWrangler

Actually, if there were a "smart way to build a jeep to compete" section, maybe that's where I'd post it. Have you not heard of "lower center of gravity"? If you don't have one, don't post. Is that difficult? Oh, and incase you were wondering what my jeep looks like in the mall parkinglot. . .

C:\Documents and Settings\SSAMPSON\My Documents\My Pictures\bounce5.jpg
Well well, aren't we a mouthy dumbass fawkin newb! Learn how to post before you spew shit!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:26 AM   #6 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Re: Re: Why?

Just because I don't sit infront of a computer screen and ridicule people all day to obtain an amazing number of posts doesn't mean I'm a newbie. If I spent the 4 years I've been building my Jeep sitting infront of a screen to be a Jack Ass instead. . . I would have 671 posts also.

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnM

Well well, aren't we a mouthy dumbass fawkin newb! Learn how to post before you spew shit!
Old 01-23-2004, 10:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 15502
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Just because I don't sit infront of a computer screen and ridicule people all day to obtain an amazing number of posts doesn't mean I'm a newbie. If I spent the 4 years I've been building my Jeep sitting infront of a screen to be a Jack Ass instead. . . I would have 671 posts also.

He's right dipshit. Search. You don't gain a signifigantly lower COG by staying spring under...You could go SOA with stock springs and just cut to fit 37"s.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

Member # 16666
Send a message via AIM to KarmirToy Send a message via MSN to KarmirToy Send a message via Yahoo to KarmirToy
man... this thread took a sh|t already???

Old 01-23-2004, 10:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Rock God

Member # 4387

Quote:

SMACK
Old 01-23-2004, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)

Member # 6036
Send a message via AIM to AggieLR
this is a cj, but same concept, but i'm not sure if these were 37's or 35's, but he won the unlimited class at Katemcy w/ spring under

Old 01-23-2004, 10:55 AM   #11 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by f0cker

He's right dipshit. Search. You don't gain a signifigantly lower COG by staying spring under...You could go SOA with stock springs and just cut to fit 37"s.
I could easily go to SOA if I wanted, its a matter of preferance. My Jeep is worth about 1500, and I intend to keep it that way. Theres no reason to buy flat tops, cutom design a steering system, build or buy ladder bars, and gain a ton of body roll when what I am trying to accomplish is: a) an extremely inexpensive way to compete, and b) a different approach than 90% of competitors. Besides, it has served me well so far. Point is, I asked for pics of YJs on 37s that are SUA, not for advice on how to build my rig. . . for that I would have posted in the Newbie section. Once again, the "big time posters" have to enter a thread inwhich they have no significant reply that is related to the topic, just to be assholes.

I REPEAT:::: IF YOU HAVE PICS, POST THEM, IF YOU DON'T. . . THEN DON'T POST???!!!! SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION

Last edited by BigBlueWrangler; 01-23-2004 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:57 AM   #12 (permalink)

Member # 23360
thank you

AggieLR. . . thanks for the pic, thats just what I'm lookin' for!
Old 01-23-2004, 11:07 AM   #13 (permalink)

Member # 16666
Send a message via AIM to KarmirToy Send a message via MSN to KarmirToy Send a message via Yahoo to KarmirToy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:

My Jeep is worth about 1500, and I intend to keep it that way. Theres no reason to buy flat tops, cutom design a steering system, build or buy ladder bars, and gain a ton of body roll when what I am trying to accomplish is: a) an extremely inexpensive way to compete, and b) a different approach than 90% of competitors.

your going to COMPETE???? with your stock junk with 37s???

there are comp rock buggys out there in range excess of $30K invested in them. you actually think you are going to keep up with them with your stock wranger?? your hitting the pipe too much my friend....

well good luck in the competition........ CUZ YOULL NEED IT

Last edited by KarmirToy; 01-23-2004 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:09 AM   #14 (permalink)

Member # 4173

Quote:

Ok fucktard, if you find 671 posts "amazing" then you must think 32's are unbelievable! I say move this to the Newbie form where it belongs.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:11 AM   #15 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Actually, already competed in ERoCC last season. Took 4th in the second competition. When did I say it was stock????? Pay attention before you pust dumb ass

Quote:
Originally posted by KarmirXJ

your going to COMPETE???? with your stock junk with 37s???

well good luck in the competition........ CUZ YOULL NEED IT
Old 01-23-2004, 11:15 AM   #16 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by ShawnM

Ok fucktard, if you find 671 posts "amazing" then you must think 32's are unbelievable! I say move this to the Newbie form where it belongs.

Yeah, I think 32s are unbelievable. . . is that all you've got? Matter of fact, I'm planning to build a rock buggy w/ a 3cyl geo metro motor, 2wd, w/ dana 1000s (I heard they exist) and 32 inch tires! it should be AWSOME. Get off this thread dumbass, you keep making a fool of yourself
Old 01-23-2004, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

Member # 16666
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Actually, already competed in ERoCC last season. Took 4th in the second competition. When did I say it was stock????? Pay attention before you pust dumb ass

try a different ball game... come down to CA, most comps take place here... I dont know what goes on in the East but I think its a bit different here in the west. most likely would get your ass handed to you by all the comp guys here

oh and you never said it was built either

Last edited by KarmirToy; 01-23-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:30 AM   #18 (permalink)

Member # 23360
I didn't say it was built, because this isn't a post about my jeep. . . its a post about other persons' jeep from whom I'd like to get some ideas. READ THE FAWKIN POST AGAIN. And if your gonna tell me that being SUA will be the reason that the guys out west are going to "had me my ass", then you don't know jack about rockcrawling. there is a lot more to building a rig than suspension. . .
Old 01-23-2004, 11:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 21409
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
I need to see YJs on 37 that are still Spring Under Axle. If anybody has pics, post them up.

Quote:

Point is, I asked for pics of YJs on 37s that are SOA, not for advice on how to build my rig. . .

I REPEAT:::: IF YOU HAVE PICS, POST THEM, IF YOU DON'T. . . THEN DON'T POST???!!!! SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION

Which do you want Still dont understand why and I agree with everyone else. Wrong Forum. Unless you give some good tech on how you plan on fitting 37"s SUA and how it will still perform well
Old 01-23-2004, 11:39 AM   #20 (permalink)

Member # 10862
CJ7 SUA 37 mtr's
Old 01-23-2004, 11:54 AM   #21 (permalink)

Member # 22966
I don't have 37's, but 36's with 2.5" SUA and a 1" BL. My rear fender opening are cut all the way to the inner wheel housing in the rear, and I flat fendered the front. But I'd like to get a JP's CJ hood with the hood and flat fenders in one unit.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:01 PM   #22 (permalink)

Member # 23360
I wish I could afford that hood also. My yj is sprung under w/ 3.5" superlift springs and a shackle reversal that stole all my lift out of the front. I removed the fenders and cut the tub right behind the front seats. The back is no problem. What i think I will have to do is remove the bars I currently have run from the body tub to the stinger. Moving these and cutting the hood should let them fit, barely. From the center of my rig down, right now, is about 21". I don't want to change that much, since my wheelbase is only 96". At the competitions so far, I have driven up some straight up shit that has sent $40,000 rigs w/ 4links and major clearance tumbling down. It is low and stable (SUA helps this a ton) so I don't want to change much.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:05 PM   #23 (permalink)

Member # 23360
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Why?

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyagid

Which do you want Still dont understand why and I agree with everyone else. Wrong Forum. Unless you give some good tech on how you plan on fitting 37"s SUA and how it will still perform well
Once I finish it, I won't have to post about how it performs well cause you'll be reading it in all your magazines when I start kickin ass out west. . . . . (haha). Well, it's nice to dream. . .
Old 01-23-2004, 12:06 PM   #24 (permalink)

Member # 6895
Here's mine, but it is a work in progress...

SUA, 84 CJ7, Dana 61 front, Dana 60 rear, 4" BDS springs and 37" Claws. I still have a long way to go, but it is my first project of this magnitude.

Last edited by Spankbomb; 01-23-2004 at 06:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:10 PM   #25 (permalink)

Member # 22342
Doesn't sound like you need help. Just keep cutting shit until the tires fit. It's not like it has to be street legal.