Pirate 4x4 banner

What's so special about Chevy 63's?

846 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Provience 
#1 ·
Just curious why the Chevy 63" spring seems to be mentioned the most, when there looks to be other long spring options? 1994- at least 2002 dodges are about 60", I believe later dodges are around 62", looks like 99+ superduty is around 66".

#9 ·
I got a set of 64's in the back of my van. I pulled them from a 90 model z71 truck. I wanted flex, and a cushy ride, and they were free 99 from my buddy at the junkyard, so that's what I went with. They do hang out the back a little further than I'd like, but I haven't ran into any issues with that yet....

#10 · (Edited)
I'm getting ready to pull out the 63" chevy springs from my truck to swap over and try out some 2wd dodge dakota springs.

same/nearly the same 32" on long side
similar weight rating (i'm on 2+1 2wd chevy springs currently)
same/nearly 2.5" width
short side on the dodge is 24" opposed to 32" on the chevy 63's

my only and biggest complaint about the 63" is the overhang length, i should be able to easily chop 8-10" off the back of my truck by going to an offset pin spring and by using the dodge 56" I shouldn't need to change my front mount, trac bar or driveshaft.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/jeep-non-hardcore/814964-leaf-spring-length-chart.html

handy link for spring consideration

edit: why did i run them in the first place? because they came with a pile of parts i bought off a guy when getting ready to do my SAS, and i'm cheap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.