xj wiring troubles- fuseable links? - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum  

Go Back   Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum > General Tech > Newbie General 4x4 Discussion
Notices

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2005, 07:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Wheeler

Member # 22909
Send a message via Yahoo to lankchevy
xj wiring troubles- fuseable links?

my rock lights broke a while back (i didnt know), and i went to turn them on a few days ago, it was dark and soon as i hit the switch my cd player turned off and my rock lights didnt turn on so i flipped the switch back off. the switch was on maybe a full second at most. my rocklights and my incab winch controls are both wired off the same output on my fusebox. they both have their own seprate fusable link between their switches and the fusebox. when i turned the rock lights on im assuming that the broken light shorted and blew a fuse somewhere. i lost my brakelights, turn signals (arrows dont light up in the dash, nothing), radio, in cab winch controls, and rock lights. the headlights and tail lights still work, along with the lights in the dash and the power accesorys like my seats, locks, and windows all still work. i checked pretty much every fuse in the fuse box i thought could be related to it and they were all fine. i both the winch controls and rock lights fuses were fine also. is there a fuseable link somehwhere that controls all of my accessorys that went out? i did a little looking and couldnt find any fusable links under the hood. anyone know where they are on a 88 xj? any help at all would be great as this is my DD and i realy need my turn signals and brake lights back.

kolby
109"wb
lankchevy is offline   Reply With Quote